Sunday, March 12, 2006

Last night was stupendouslyawesomeradcoolness!

After lesson, I went with Din, Viv, Adrian and Lawrence for dinner opposite Raffles Hotel. Dong joined us and after dinner Dong and I met his friend Charles and went to the Arts House to watch Astreal, Lunarin and Electrico play, and we were joined by two guys from Vendetta.

Astreal's bassist had this gorgeous flying vee bass, but they weren't that tight, and well, their 'spacy' prog rock made me sleeeeeeepy. Honestly, I almost fell asleep haha. Lunarin were much tighter, the bassist's tone sounded like rubber bands stretched over a tissue box though. heh. They had an awesome drummer, and the guitarist had the guitar I want! The Les Paul standard! In black and white. Droooooooool!

After Lunarin's set Dong, Charles and I left for House of Rock, and there the fun began! Well it wasn't as much fun as it was embarrassing, for Dong and me least. Upon entering HOR the hostesses asked if we wanted a drink. Charles asked for the drink list, and the prices of practically every drink there, and finally the bartender came out and told him. It was so embarrassing. haha.

Finally he ordered a shot of Jack Daniels, and Dong and I ordered a coke. When the hostess reappeared with the drinks, Charles realised that they'd mixed his Jack Daniels with coke, so he tried explaning to them he just wanted the alcohol, no coke.

So the hostess came back with like 2cm of Jack Daniels in this huge glass, and Charles took a look at it and was like "14 dollars for that!"

hellooooo blur man, it's a shot! How much do you expect!

Ming came around 10:40pm and Ministry of Rock started playing soon after. He witnessed some of Charles' drink-ordering misadventures and asked me

"Is Charles your friend? He's fucking green!"

haha, Nooooo way man, I've never known Charles before last night!

After a while, Charles asked for ice to dilute his Jack Daniels, which was like this tiny bit left in his glass. Some confusion later, the hostess reappeared with a new glass of Jack Daniels for him. Then Charles started grumbling that he only asked for ice, and made the hostess give him the shot for free!
Yeah, she said it was free, and it was free for Charles.. it was on Ming! We only found out after that, when we left and were standing outside calculating the bill.

Then this other hostess - probably the prettiest one there - came and sat down in between Dong and Charles, and since I guess it looked like Dong and I were together and Ming was facing the other way on the other side of the table, she started talking to Charles. Charles was so retarded, the hostess kept asking him to buy her a drink, and Charles was like "I got no cash!" hahaha, too bad woman.

Somehow their conversation led to each other's age, it turns out that she's 21, and Charles went "so which school are you at!"
hahah so damn funny.
Plus, everytime she tried to talk to Charles he kept having this weird look, and tried to turn away.
Finally she asked whether we wanted to write out song requests and took that opportunity to run off.
I don't blame her!

We left the pub around midnight after talking to Paul the guitarist for a while. Paul is awesome, friendly too, and the freaky thing is apparently he knows who I am on SOFT.com.sg. Haha.

Dong's mum gave me and Charles a lift home, and we took a little detour to Geylang to 'sightsee'. HAHA. It was rather empty, I guess the hookers were busy doing their thing. heh. And I blew a kiss to one cause she was putting on lipstick and she gave me this weird smile and shook her boobs at me. whahahaha.

Well it was a great night, I got home and felt kinda tired so I went to sleep, and I slept half the day away today too. heh.

Tonight Dong's at the Esplanade watching this guitarist who's ranked among the top 50 in the world by Guitar World magazine, and he asked me to go along, so I asked my mum and she gave this biiiiiiig fucking fake sigh, and started bitching.

Hellooo woman, I have my own life to live too, I'm fucking eighteen soon, you can't control my life forever!

arghpfft.

And I've got an interview tomorrow with Singapore Polytechnic! Ahhhh, I was so happy when I saw that letter I almost cried right at the letter box area. heh, I'm pathetic, I know.

No comments: